The Middle School Program at Miami Country Day School is well-respected in our community and nationally. Developmentally sound practices along with personalized learning experiences characterize our approach to instruction. We nurture a passion for lifelong learning, self-confidence and leadership. We strive to make education relevant and to give our students the foundation they need for success beyond life at Miami Country Day School.
To work with a collaborative team designing, organizing and implementing curriculum that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The position involves teaching general technology courses such as digital literacy, media literacy, computer science, and introductory robotics, academic advising to a group of 10-13 middle school students, and actively participating in the Math, Science, and Technology Department.
- BA or BS in Technology Education, Computer Science, a technology related field, and/or FL secondary state certification.
- Completed or in-progress master’s degree in Technology or education is preferred, but applicants with successful teaching experience are encouraged to apply.
- Teaching experience in Independent Schools, preferably in a middle school, or relevant classroom experience is a plus.
- AP Computer Science Experience preferable but not required.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Is a lifelong learner willing to balance past experience with the demands of a new environment.
- Continually pursues excellence.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for Miami Country Day School and its mission,
- Demonstrated interest in working with teenagers and in valuing diversity and the accomplishments of different learners and the whole child.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of diverse constituencies within the school community and the skills and attitude to deliver an exemplary experience equitably to all students.
- A good sense of humor, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.