Piano Accompanist & Music Department Assistant
Landmark Christian School seeks an accomplished, organized, and spiritually grounded Piano Accompanist and Music Department Assistant for the 2022-2023 school year. This position is a full-time position.
We believe that the role of the Christian educator is to demonstrate through philosophy and lifestyle his or her personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent reflection of Godly character, a heart to meet the needs of young people, and a mastery of craft, content, and delivery of instruction. The school enrolls over 1000about 1050 students and is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
Responsibilities & General Requirements:
- Daily rehearsal accompaniment for 6th -12th-grade choirs.
- Accompany for all Choral Performances and Festivals
- Assist Choral Director with sectional rehearsals and classroom oversight
- Manage Choral Music Library
- Oversee Performance Dresses and Tuxedo distribution and collection
- Assist Choral Director with Concert Programs
- Assist Choral Director with planning music festival trips
- Candidate must be a Christian who fervently pursues their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An accomplished and capable pianist with experience in Choral Music accompanying.
- A Bachelor of Music Degree or equivalent musical experience preferred.
- Possesses a broad and extensive understanding of various genres and styles of music
- Ability to collaborate with fellow music colleagues.
- Enthusiastic about learning and imparting knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs & Sheets or willing to learn.
- Familiar with Finale or other similar music software
- Committed to teaching from a Biblical worldview
- Eager to encourage creativity and expression in young people.
- Person who believes in the critical importance of diversity in the life of a school.
- An enthusiastic and articulate advocate for the Landmark Christian School mission and vision.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, Landmark employment application, and references to Emily Torrenga, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org