Mead Hall Episcopal School is the parish day school of St. Thaddeus Episcopal Church. Mead Hall’s two campuses serve as a pillar in the educational community of the CSRA by challenging students to pursue academic excellence, spiritual growth, and moral integrity. Our school has approximately 340 students with a wide range of interest in academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities. Small class sizes and a rigorous college preparatory curriculum prepare students for a lifetime of learning and leadership. Mead Hall is accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS). Mead Hall Episcopal School seeks candidates who are supportive of the school’s mission, vision, and core values.
We are currently seeking an experienced, energetic full time 3rd Grade Teacher for the 2022-23 school year. This position focuses on the subjects of Science and Math.
Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstration of knowledge, skill, and ability to plan and execute a balanced 21st Century learning experience
- Create a classroom atmosphere that promotes positive learning and an inclusive, welcoming, purposeful school tone and culture.
- Maintain student records and collaborate with other teachers, administrators, and parents
- Participate in training as necessary to learn and update school curriculum.
- Express a desire to be an active member of the Mead Hall community
- Actively participate in professional development in order to remain current with best practices in education and technology
- Attend and participate in weekly mentoring program, grade level planning, team level planning, and monthly faculty meetings
- Use technology such as word processing/presentation software, Online Student Information Program (FACTS), Smartboard, Google Apps for Teachers (Gmail/Google Docs, etc.) and iPads effectively to support, enhance, and extend instruction
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents via proactive and professional methods: teacher/class website, e-mails, phone calls, in-person conversations, Report Cards, etc.
Required qualifications to include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an education related field
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the elementary and/or middle school level
- Strong organizational, verbal, and communication skills
- Experience lesson planning, differentiating instruction, and using creativity and technology in the classroom
- A strong work ethic and ability to work well in a teaching partnership
- A positive disposition while functioning within a highly motivated, fast paced, and diverse staff and community
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- A willingness to uphold the School's mission and philosophy, and demonstrate the School's core character values Preferred qualifications, in addition to the above requirements, may include:
- A Master’s degree, or higher, in an education related field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an elementary and/or middle school setting
- Initiate and implement curriculum related field trips
- Experience in both public and private education sectors
- State teaching certification Mead Hall offers medical, vision, and dental plans, as well as retirement savings options.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please visit our school website at http://meadhallschool.org/EmploymentOpportunities. Print and fill out SLED Records Check form and the Mead Hall employment application, and submit both forms along with a resume to email@example.com.