Reports to: Upper School Principal
- Evidence of a mature personal Christian faith consistent with the Charlotte Christian Statement of Faith.
- Evidence understanding of and a commitment to the distinctive qualities of Christian education as well as the mission of Charlotte Christian School.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in the area of instruction, or a related area (master’s degree preferred).
- Licensure by a regional accrediting agency is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching French preferred.
- Evidence of strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and technological skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Teach upper school French to include levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and Advanced Placement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject area/s taught.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the developmental characteristics of the age group taught.
- Effectively utilize the basic elements of instruction (i.e. presenting of information; questioning techniques; responding to learner input and arrangement of learning activities).
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire learning and cultivate relationships with students.
- Prepare appropriate weekly lesson plans including instructional objectives, planned activities, Biblical integration, assessments, and resources.
- Incorporate classroom technology in order to enhance instruction.
- Implement effective classroom management and discipline procedures to provide for a positive classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Regularly review/update department and course curriculum guide/maps to assure the fulfillment of proper instructional priorities and pacing.
- Model effective teacher/parental partnering through timely communication with parents in support of student learning (posting of assignments, grades, conferencing, etc.).
Personal and Professional Profile:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a born again Christian exhibiting a close personal walk with Jesus Christ: modeling an exemplary Biblical lifestyle and evidencing maturity in the understanding and integration of sound Biblical principles in classroom instruction and personal counseling.
- Evidence of a teachable spirit and general willingness to learn and grow.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate adeptness at problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills and the ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate emotional maturity and stability in dealing with the challenges of life and school.
- Evidence of the ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to school matters.
- Evidence of the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Possess strong computer skills and familiarity with appropriate learning technology
- Have the ability to present a positive image of the school to others and to the community.
Mission Statement: Charlotte Christian School is a Christ-centered, college preparatory school, equipping and developing students to effectively integrate Biblical Truth and learning into their daily lives and to impact the culture for Christ.