Camperdown Academy is a non-profit organization providing excellence in the education of dyslexic children with a day school for grades one through eight, and training and outreach services provided to teachers and professionals across the region. Specific and specialized teaching approaches are shared through outreach efforts and administered in small group settings with an emphasis on individualized instruction.
This position is responsible for the planning and execution of all matters related to Annual Fund giving and donor stewardship. This position will also be responsible for database management, planned communication pieces, and grant writing. The Annual Fund & Grants Coordinator reports to the Head of Institutional Advancement, and serves on the Advancement Team.
- Working with Head of Institutional Advancement, oversee the strategy development, design and production of print and electronic collateral materials and other solicitations
- Working with the Head of Institutional Advancement, determine solicitation strategies for upgrading existing donors under $10,000 to major gift prospects
- Manage donor gift acknowledgement processes
- Develop strategic donor recognition and stewardship opportunities (ie-create new donor welcome package, anniversary cards to recognize donor loyalty, phone thank-a-thon etc.)
- Manage CRM software and all entry and processing of donations, pledges, major gifts, in-kind, including auction and special events
- Research, build, and maintain database profile records in collaboration with Alumni Relations & Special Events Coordinator
- Create appropriate data entry for notes/cultivation activities/appeals/segmentation, etc.
- Manage a detailed calendar of direct marketing activities
- Manage staff/employee giving
- Maintain a grants calendar and manage assigned dates/applications for LOI, proposal, follow-up, thank-you's, and required post-reporting
- Develop content and produce/write tri-annual newsletter, the Weekly Bulletin, and maintain social media presence with regular updates
- Actively participate as a member of the Advancement Team and subsequent tasks as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements (this is a full-time position)
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience in related field
- Possess high level of integrity with willingness to abide by confidentiality constraints
- Ability to initiate and maintain consistent and positive communication between multiple parties
- Strong organizational skills that allow for multiple work assignments to be completed simultaneously and accurately
- Effective and persuasive writing skills; proficiency with CRM platforms & software
- Graphic Design experience preferred
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, as required