Elementary Science Teacher, Woodward North
Woodward Academy strives to help students fulfill their potential in every facet of their lives. Woodward provides opportunities for students to expand their horizons through academics, the arts, athletics, and community service.
Our dedicated teachers excel in their respective fields, and provide a stimulating, fun, and challenging environment. Whether they are promoting academic excellence or demonstrating personal accountability, the teachers find creative and meaningful ways to communicate with their students.
The Elementary Science Teacher involves teaching science to students from Kindergarten through second grade.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide developmentally appropriate learning experiences in science suited to students’ needs.
- Encourage an inclusive learning environment that accepts the students’ perspectives and backgrounds and elicits a greater understanding of the world around them with a global perspective.
- Utilize various teaching methods to engage different learning styles for students with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
- Creating a learning environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interests, and learning styles of the students
- Carrying out ongoing assessment of students’ needs; writes and modifies the lesson plans as needed; maintains student achievement records
- Managing student behavior in a manner that optimizes the learning environment
- Working cooperatively with other grade-level teachers to develop instructional materials that are most appropriate for meeting curricular objectives
- Displaying a willingness to follow school procedures and regulations
- Communicating effectively with students, parents, teachers, and school administrators
- Maintains substitute plans and engages substitutes in advance when needed and when possible.
- Meets reporting deadlines and requirements and follows school-wide procedures for reporting progress/grades.
- Engages in Professional Development tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- A solid understanding of learning challenges as well as the accommodations and differentiated learning techniques to support students’ needs
- Strong organizational and classroom management skills
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 2+ years of elementary classroom science teaching experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of technology support platforms/programs that will support student learning.
The Elementary Science Teacher, Woodward North, is an exempt ten-month position. Benefits are substantial. EOE