The Harpeth Hall School seeks a full-time middle school science teacher to teach all levels of middle school science. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and creative science teacher with enthusiasm for working with middle school students and demonstrated knowledge and expertise in middle school science curriculum and innovative pedagogy. Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to collaboration with colleagues as well as excellent writing and communication skills. Comfort and familiarity with using relevant technology, as well as a commitment to staying current with developments in the STEM fields are essential to the Harpeth Hall science program. A bachelor’s degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred. Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work are encouraged to apply. This full-time position offers an exciting opportunity to inspire and engage students in science for the 2024-25 academic year.
● Design, develop, and deliver quality lessons that align with the scope and sequence of the curriculum.
● Monitor the progress of students on a lesson-by-lesson basis, adapting instructional strategies and lesson plans in response to student needs.
● Assess student learning using a variety of modalities and provide timely and thoughtful feedback.
● Offer individual assistance outside of class to students who need extra help.
● Communicate with students, advisors, and parents through comments, emails, phone calls, conferences, and Schoology.
● Engage in other aspects of the middle school experience, including advisory, extracurricular activities, and other school programs
● Organize, plan, and attend meetings with department members in the Middle School, as well as those from the other departments and divisions.
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, references, and a statement of educational philosophy at harpethhall.org.