The Harpeth Hall School seeks a full-time middle school math teacher to teach all levels of middle school math. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and creative math teacher with enthusiasm for working with middle school students, a commitment to innovative pedagogy and collaboration with colleagues, excellent writing and communication skills, and comfort and familiarity with using relevant technology to enhance learning. A bachelor’s degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred. Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work are encouraged to apply. This position is full-time for the 2024-25 academic year.
● Plan, prepare, and create activities for math classes, teaching lessons that correspond with the school's curriculum.
● Monitor the progress of students on a lesson-by-lesson basis, offering extra practice and instruction when needed.
● Create, administer, and grade written and oral presentations, tests, and quizzes.
● Offer individual assistance outside of class to students who need extra help.
● Communicate with students, advisors, and parents through comments, emails, phone calls, conferences, and Schoology.
● Organize, plan, and attend meetings with department members in the Middle School, as well as those from the other departments and divisions.
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, references, and a statement of educational philosophy at harpethhall.org.