START DATE: July 1, 2024
The Elementary School Principal is a fulltime, salaried exempt position (12 month contract). This position is serves as the face of the school, is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the school and will be the primary administrative contact for both faculty, students and parents alike.
Director/Principal level positions at Jewish for Good are members of the Senior Professional Staff and serve as a lead face of the organization. Directors/Principals are responsible for the strategic and tactical oversite of their division/program area.
This position reports to the CEO of Jewish for Good and will supervise the Dean of Students, Executive Manager, and Classroom Faculty, Staff and Specialists.
Build and Support Faculty
- Assign, supervise, mentor, evaluate, and recruit (as needed) faculty and staff for the Lerner Elementary School.
- Plan and conduct faculty meetings and ongoing professional development.
- Provide autonomy to faculty and ensure a sense of accountability in areas of instruction and student achievement.
- Setting the tone of the school; promote a positive sense of camaraderie, professionalism, and trust in the workplace; fostering a culture of hakarat hatov (calling out the good.)
Create Environment for Learning and Growing
- Design, evaluate and update the curriculum, textbooks, and other educational resources, in line with the schools mission and educational philosophy, in partnership with faculty, which includes, but is not limited to core subjects, Judaic, Hebrew, Visual Arts, Music, and Physical Education.
- Monitor the implementation and execution of the curriculum and overall progress of students.
- Develop school year calendar and work closely with faculty to coordinate school-wide programs and events.
- Embrace and assist Classroom Faculty with differentiation to meet the individual needs of students
- Support positive behavior and classroom management, primarily by supporting team members in the classrooms and secondarily through direct interventions, where needed.
Ensure Operational Excellence
- Oversee all aspects of the Lerner Elementary School budget; working closely with CEO to establish tuition rates, salaries, and other expenses.
- Drive regular and episodic communications with families; including weekly Gesher and ongoing communications via ClassTag.
- Assist the Dean of Students in matters of retention and recruitment.
- Manage all aspects of the schools accreditation (SAIS) and state related school reporting.
- Serve as point person for the Parent Association.
- Actively participate on leadership team, committees, and their initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with Jewish for Good Professional team.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Master’s Degree in Education in related field.
- Approximately ten (10) years or more of experience working in a school setting, including several years of supervisory and/or leadership experience in an educational setting
- Experience teaching in an elementary school and ability to support faculty in all areas of curriculum.
- The flexibility to meet job requirements beyond the school day.
- Knowledge and experience with Responsive Classroom and differentiated instruction.
- Pursuit of continual growth and professional development
- Passion for working with children and creating the best conditions for learning and growth
- Commitment to the success of all students through advocacy, relationship-building, and creative thinking to ensure student success
- Strong written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills, including interacting with compassion and empathy
- Positive attitude and good judgement in the face of challenging situations
- Capacity for creative problem solving, critical thinking, ability to think on one’s feet, and flexibility
- Excellent work ethic, models respect, honesty, and integrity
As a fulltime, salaried exempt employee this position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid time off – including vacation, sick, and floating holidays
- Health insurance (80% covered of employee’s policy)
- Access to elect dental, vision, life, and other insurances
- Free All Inclusive Family Membership
- Discounts on programs and services
- Ongoing professional development aligned with career arc