Frederica Academy seeks an Upper School Science and Math Instructor to begin in August 2024. Interested applicants should be able to teach AP Chemistry and Chemistry courses. The ability to teach upper level math courses as needed is desired. The ability to teach additional academic electives and/or coach is also desired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Upper School Science Instructor is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
● Develop the curriculum materials, syllabus, outlines and assessments
● Conduct after-school tutorial as scheduled
● Participate in all advisory, faculty, department meetings as called
● Be involved in the life of the school, beyond the classroom (coaching and/or advisor to an organization of student leadership)
● Fulfill additional duties as assigned by the Upper School Director or Head of School
● Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field
● Master’s degree is preferred
● A strong desire to work in a collaborative community
● Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to a variety of learning styles and a range of abilities
● Ethical behavior, professionalism and a respect for diversity
● It is preferable that applicant has multiple years of Upper School experience in an independent school atmosphere
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual can expect the possibility of a stressful environment while dealing with a wide variety of challenges and can anticipate deadlines with a varied array of student situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Varied extreme outside weather conditions during special activities and school events are possible. The employee will primarily teach indoors with occasional field trips off campus. Some evening and weekend commitments are required.
Frederica Academy is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all personnel and applicants for employment without regard to race; color; religion; gender; gender identity; national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; genetic information; veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local laws.