Brookwood School is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory day school in Thomasville, Georgia, which offers a superior educational opportunity to qualified students. Founded in 1970, Brookwood enrolls approximately 500 students, drawing students from four counties in Southwest Georgia and two counties in North Florida. Brookwood strives to produce an exceptional educational experience by providing excellent teachers, a sound curriculum, and an enriching environment. Brookwood’s mission is to develop the whole child: academically, physically, spiritually, and socially.
We have an opening for a talented, collaborative, and innovative faculty member to teach in the Lower School.
- Build a positive classroom community to ease classroom management, improve student attitude toward learning, and create an environment where students feel welcomed and supported.
- Create intervention and enrichment activities to supplement core instruction in order to heighten the trajectory of each child’s academic and personal success.
- Teach interdisciplinary lessons in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Instruct students in executive functions to develop skills of autonomy, responsibility, and independence.
- Establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communications to involve parents and families in their students' education.
- Guide student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in elementary education
- Master’s Degree in education or a related field, but not required
- Full time teaching experience is preferred, but not required
- Georgia Teaching Certification is preferred, but not required
- Student-centered approach
- Energetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Possessing a collaborative spirit and a growth mindset
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in working with elementary aged children
- Ability to successfully interface with students, colleagues, parents, and administrators
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Openness and amenability to living in the small-town environment of Thomasville
For more information on work life at Brookwood School, please visit our website. Brookwood School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, or national and ethnic origin.