Middle School Director Position Description
Brookwood School is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory day school in Thomasville, Georgia, which offers a superior educational opportunity to qualified students. Founded in 1970, Brookwood enrolls approximately 500 students, drawing students from four counties in Southwest Georgia and two counties in North Florida. Brookwood strives to produce an exceptional educational experience by providing excellent teachers, a sound curriculum, and an enriching environment. Brookwood’s mission is to develop the whole child: academically, physically, spiritually, and socially.
Brookwood School has an opening for a competent, wise, and talented leader of the Middle School. The Middle School Director will serve as the educational leader of the Middle School in a manner that supports the mission and strategic plan of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Middle School Director is responsible for overseeing the entire middle school program at Brookwood School.
These responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the Middle School
- Ensuring a structured, nurturing, and developmentally suitable social environment for Middle School students
- Leading the Middle School Faculty
- Overseeing the continuity and appropriateness of all Middle School curriculum
- Overseeing student discipline in the Middle School
- Managing all Middle School faculty including evaluations
- Maintaining open, clear, and positive communication between the parents and the Middle School
Skills and Qualities Desired:
- A confident and wise leader
- Experience with Middle School students and faculty
- Knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of Middle School students
- A structured approach to Middle School leadership
- A balance of firmness and kindness in leadership style
- A Masters degree in Educational Leadership or the equivalent
- At least five years of experience education
- Preference is given to those candidates who have had independent school experience
Applicants should submit the following information:
- A cover letter explaining interest in Brookwood School and why the applicant is qualified for the position
- A current resume
- A statement of educational philosophy or other supporting documents and materials that would be useful to the Search Committee
- The names, titles, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references and a brief description of the applicant’s relationship with each person
Brookwood School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, or national and ethnic origin.