Lead Teacher, Primary School Third Grade
The Woodward Academy Primary School offers students a happy, stimulating environment for learning. The whole child is developed through academics, the arts, character education, and physical fitness. Extremely talented and dedicated teachers champion the success of each child, meeting each child where they are to make them happy and successful members of our community.
Our culturally diverse student body thrives in this learning environment, including state-of-the-art media and technology. Primary School students are taught the importance of giving back to their community through participation in several meaningful community service projects throughout the school year.
Specific duties include:
- Willingness to facilitate a workshop model approach to learning
- Be an integral part of a collaborative learning community with a growth mindset
- Demonstrating a high level of responsiveness to students needs including the implementation of differentiated teaching strategies
- Create a classroom environment centered around a variety of learning areas, engaging activities, and social-emotional growth
- Managing student behavior in a manner that optimizes the learning environment and develops student ownership
- Ensure the safety of each student by supervising and engaging in recess, lunch, and transitions between classrooms
- Maintaining regular communication with students and their parents regarding progress
- Working cooperatively with grade-level teachers to integrate instruction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- A strong understanding of Workshop Model Learning is preferred
- Strong organizational and classroom management skills
- A willingness and ability to assist in extra-curricular activities is preferred
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning; master’s degree in Elementary Education preferred
- 3+ years of successful teaching experience at the Elementary level preferred
- Independent school experience preferred, but not required
The Lead Teacher, Primary School Third Grade position is an exempt, salaried, ten-month position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits are substantial.