As an important member of the Business Office Team, reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Auxiliary Programs Associate provides critical support to the many auxiliary programs integral to the Berkeley Preparatory School community, especially our highly desired Summer Programs, long considered Berkeley’s “Fourth Division”. This position is a year-round, full-time position and offers countless opportunities to gain experience in a professional work environment, be exposed to all aspects of Berkeley’s operations under great leadership, and enjoy the many excellent employee benefits provided to all employees. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, display a growth mindset, and consistently demonstrate a positive approach to the various opportunities that exist in the role.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Gain intimate knowledge of all summer offerings so that parent questions can be accurately and confidently addressed, ensuring appropriate and satisfied enrollment decisions
● Assign campus resources efficiently, effectively, and accurately working closely with the Director of Summer Programs
● Ensure documentation for all required screenings is current and accurate
● Provide summer personnel with detailed and current information i.e. rosters
● Support the manager of Berkeley’s on-campus retail store, the Treasure Cove, with customer order fulfillment, purchasing, and billing
● Bachelor’s degree OR 3+ years professional office work experience
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent time management skills
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite software
● Ability to quickly learn industry specific software
● Flexibility when priorities change
Compensation and Benefits:
The appointment will begin as soon as possible and is a full-time position with full benefits. The compensation package will be competitive nationally and commensurate with experience, degree attainment, and the national independent school and college markets.
Interested Persons please send a resume and detailed cover letter to:
Business Office Operational Assistant
Berkeley Preparatory School
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Berkeley Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School- administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.