The Assistant Head will work collaboratively with all constituents at TBS to enhance the School's ability to deliver on its mission by nurturing Benjamin's diverse and inclusive community of learners and fostering the intellectual, moral, emotional, artistic, and physical development of each student.
In partnership with the Head of School, Division Heads, and other senior administrators, the Assistant Head of School will be a highly visible presence in the school, helping to shape the day-to-day implementation of the School's philosophy, long term planning, curricular design, and strategic initiatives to advance the School's mission and achieve operational, strategic, and educational goals. This position is new for the school since Dave Faus began as Head of School in July 2020. Core responsibilities are likely to include:
• Overseeing the PK3-12 curriculum and ensuring that curriculum and pedagogy are cohesive across
divisions and align with the School’s mission and values and current best practices in teaching and
• Providing leadership, support, and guidance to the Lower, Middle, and Upper School Division Heads
as they administer the curricular and co-curricular programs and personnel in their divisions;
• Providing leadership and support to the Strategic Planning and Accreditation processes as needed;
• In partnership with the Division Heads and Human Resources, recruiting, hiring, and developing
• Designing, delivering, and stewarding ongoing professional education for faculty;
• Maintaining a strong and visible presence in all areas of the School;
• Serving as a liaison for parent concerns and communication as needed;
• Serving as administrative liaison to Board Committees, as directed by the Head of School; and
• Serving as a strategic thought partner to the Head of School.