Middle School or High School English Teacher
Prince Avenue Christian School is currently accepting applications for a full-time middle school or high school English teacher.
Overview: The primary function of this position is to teach English (specific content area may be determined by the teacher’s experience) and to foster students’ enthusiasm for language arts.
Primary Responsibilities: Work with the middle school or high school principal and academic dean to prepare course syllabus and curriculum to:
· Plan, prepare, and deliver traditional classroom and online instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
· Develop a rapport with students that motivates and fosters enthusiasm.
· Creatively integrate technology in the classroom to enhance teaching.
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and school goals.
· Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress.
· Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress.
· Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
All faculty and staff are expected to play an integral role in the spiritual lives of students. This includes integration of a Biblical worldview into their subject matter and lessons.
· A committed Christian who is active in an evangelical church ministry
· Bachelor's degree required
· Middle school or high school teaching experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills - exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 to include Outlook, Word, Teams, OneNote, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of FACTS/SIS and proficiency in Interactive Flat Panel (IFP) and 1:1 technology preferred
Those interested should fill out an application found on our website at www.princeave.org and email the application to email@example.com.