The communications coordinator supports the day-to-day operations, activities and calendars of the enrollment management division. With a keen eye for detail and strong administrative skills, this person partners with the school community to develop key marketing, communication, and event programming to support the enrollment of the school.
· Maintain an inventory of all collateral materials used by the Enrollment Management Office and handle purchase orders and vendor relationships for the department.
· Assist in monitoring communications activities throughout the school by maintaining the communications calendar.
· Maintain key internal relationships within the Whitefield community in order to mine for content and stories, as well as provide insight into communications and research to be distributed across all platforms.
· Evaluate external trends for inspiration and design ideas.
· Think conceptually and creatively to produce new ideas for the school brand, always looking to creatively push the boundaries of what has been done in the past.
· Provide communications support for the Whitefield community.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
· Assist the directors of enrollment management and communications with internal communication including presentations, mailings, and emails.
· Partner with the graphic designer to support the creative design, development, and execution for all photo, video, signage, print collateral, website advertisements, and the Whitefield magazine.
· Maintain brand standards in all print and digital output.
· Manage proofing of designs and redesigns seeking out feedback from internal stakeholders.
· Monitor Whitefield’s internal brand reputation and provide consistency in messaging and alignment to the mission.
· Support the set up, execution, and breakdown of enrollment management events as needed.
· Engage in other duties as assigned.
Required Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, event management, or communications.
· Communications and event experience preferred
· Experience and training in graphic design.
· Able to work closely and effectively within a team environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Experience with independent schools is preferred.
· Embrace a strong commitment to Christian education and academic excellence consistent with the mission of Whitefield Academy.
In addition, the person should:
● Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ.
● Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school.
● Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith.
● Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture.
● Evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large.
● Be actively involved in a local church.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will primarily take place in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing, kneeling, and crawling rarely; reaching intermittently; bending and stooping regularly; sitting, standing, and walking often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment Opportunities. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.