Elementary Associate Teacher (K-4)
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Position Type: 10-month Staff, Full-Time
Reports to: Assistant Head of School
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The Elementary Associate Teacher supports the lead teacher of their grade to address all
classroom needs including creating lesson plans, classroom management and student assessment,
communicating with parents, maintaining grades and files, attending all faculty meetings, and
ensuring instruction is carried through per school requirements.
· Work with the Lead Teacher to support them in instructional planning, teaching, and student assessment. Carrying out lessons plans as specified.
· Share responsibility, with the Lead Teacher, for maintaining the classroom environment (e.g. organizing materials, designing bulletin boards, setting up learning centers and work areas, and photocopying materials).
· Promoting student engagement in order to assess and encourage progress
· Supporting and strengthening the learning capabilities of each student
· Positive management of the learning environment
· Maintaining a healthy learning environment for the students in both the classroom as well as instruction
· Monitoring and management of students’ behavior, including appropriate enforcement of student behavior rules
· Following professional practices consistent with school policies in working with students, students’ records, parents and colleagues
· Maintaining a professional demeanor in dealings with parents and students
· Providing adequate information, plans and materials for substitute teachers
· Contribute to maintaining accurate, complete and appropriate records and files
· Attending and participating in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings, school activities, and professional development according to school policy
· Assuming responsibility for supervision of students in out-of-class settings, such as field trips or recess
· Showing support and high esteem for St. Benedict’s Episcopal School at all times
· Complying with conditions as stated in employee contract and handbook
· Modeling appropriate behavior in speech and actions
· Be evaluated throughout the year through informal and formal classroom observation.
· Both associate and lead teachers exercise discretion and independent judgment in performing their duties as teachers.
· Any other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education, preferred.
· Relevant experience and minimum high school degree considered.
· Georgia Teaching Certification a plus.
· Experience working with elementary age students a plus.
· Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Superior time management skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines and be flexible.