The associate director of admissions for the Lower School assists the director of enrollment management in all areas pertaining to enrollment and admissions. This individual assists the director as the “gatekeeper” for the school, encouraging qualified applicants to apply, conducting a smooth and efficient admission process, and recruiting applicants committed to our Christ-centered mission to choose Whitefield. In addition, the position will direct the admissions of all incoming Lower School applicants. The associate director of admissions for Lower School reports directly to the director of enrollment management.
● Oversee, coordinate, and meet with prospective applicants and parents for admissions for the Lower School.
● Maintain continuous contact with families in all stages of the enrollment process.
● Assist in coordinating admissions events including individual and group tours, assessment, curricular information sessions, student observations/testing/interview, parent to parent connections, and individual family conversations for Lower School prospective families.
● Assist the associate director of admissions for Middle and Upper School in organizing admission events.
● Direct the Whitefield Parent Ambassadors Program.
● Review all applications for students applying to the Lower School
● Participate in all admissions committee meetings, sharing insights about candidates and making recommendations
● Attend admissions fairs.
● Support families seeking financial aid through the aid application process by answering questions, reminding them of deadlines, and helping them connect with the Business Office as needed.
● Participate in professional development training to support the Lower School admissions assessment process.
● Stay current on trends in admissions in metro-Atlanta and beyond.
● Track and maintain data and student records using the enrollment CRM, Ravenna
● Other duties as assigned
Required Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree encouraged
● Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
● In-depth understanding of K-12 independent schools preferred.
● Communications and event experience preferred.
● Able to work closely and effectively within a team environment.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Embrace a strong commitment to Christian education and academic excellence consistent with the mission of Whitefield Academy.
In addition, the person should:
● Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ.
● Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Chrstian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school.
● Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith.
● Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture.
● Evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large.
● Be actively involved in a local church.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will primarily take place in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing, kneeling, and crawling rarely; reaching intermittently; bending and stooping regularly; sitting, standing, and walking often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This full-time position will begin August 2, 2023. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.