The Wayne Country Day School seeks a committed, skilled, and energetic teacher to join our team for the 2023-24 school year. They will be responsible for teaching Math classes in alignment with our school’s mission of preparation and formation of students for the world beyond college. This position could be middle school or upper school based on the qualifications of the candidate.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for teaching, a team-oriented approach to collegiality, enthusiasm for creating and implementing an innovative curriculum, strong interpersonal skills, and a deep knowledge of child development.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and implement engaging lessons in the target language aligned with the school’s curriculum, philosophy, and mission.
- Implement and maintain effective classroom management systems.
- Prepare student reporting and grades, which includes narrative descriptions of students' strengths and challenges.
- Communicate regularly with families about curriculum and student progress.
- Utilize and maximize regular professional development opportunities.
- Update curriculum and materials as needed.
- Participate in the school community, including faculty meetings
- Teaching Math to 2 sections of students including pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of child development, best practices, and current trends in education
- Demonstrated classroom management skills, including time, space, and materials for the most effective learning
- Experience with diverse instructional strategies
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to integrate technology effectively
- A statement describing your outlook and philosophy of education and math