The Woodward Academy strives to help students fulfill their potential in every facet of their lives. Woodward provides opportunities for students to expand their horizons through academics, the arts, athletics, and community service.
Our dedicated teachers excel in their respective fields, and provide a stimulating, fun, and challenging environment. Whether they are promoting academic excellence or demonstrating personal accountability, the teachers find creative and meaningful ways to communicate with their students.
This position involves teaching 2nd to 6th-grade students.
Specific Duties Include
- Provide learning experiences in Spanish suited to the needs of students
- Develop and use instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of students with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities
- Provide individual and small group instruction designed to meet individual needs of the students
- Enrich educational programs through study trips to community resources such as museums and through persons from the school and community
- Develop activities for parents which promote parent participation and involvement in educational activities provided for their children
- Communicate regularly with parents by means of See Saw and Veracross updates
- Provide appropriate climate to establish and reinforce acceptable student behavior and social skills and that optimizes the learning environment
- Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of students’ work.
- Works cooperatively and professionally with other grade-level teachers
- Willingness to assist in school activities.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
- Education and experience – bachelor’s degree or higher in Spanish education.
- Communication skills – ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to provide both written and oral information and clear directions.
- Reasoning – ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to establish appropriate priorities in work flow.
- Computer skills- must demonstrate competency with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and Google Classroom.
- Physical demands – the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, listen, and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Community -ability and willingness to contribute to the Academy through coaching or other cocurricular activities.
The Teacher position is an exempt, 10-month, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. EOE.