The Lovett School is seeking an admission and enrollment professional who represents the full diversity of our community within the Atlanta area and demonstrates sensitivity and cultural competency in cross-cultural collaboration. As the first contact prospective families may have, the Senior Director of Admission and Enrollment for Middle and Upper School requires complete knowledge of the School, its mission, and the many nuances of the three divisions. As a crucial member of Lovett’s Admission team, this position fully immerses themselves in the community to support and articulate the School’s mission of developing students of honor, faith, and wisdom with the character and intellect to thrive in learning and in life. Additionally, they represent the School and its programs to prospective families through the admission funnel. The Senior Director provides outstanding customer experience by having full knowledge of the enrollment process.
● Counsel prospective families as they work through the admission process. Maintain an accurate database of applicant information.
● Design, plan, implement, coordinate, and attend admission, enrollment, and retention events throughout the year. Assign the support staff’s responsibilities for these events and coordinate appropriately with divisional colleagues. Events include interview/observation days for all grades, grade-specific parent information meetings for current and prospective families, school-wide open houses, student visitation days, and any other enrollment-related gatherings on and off campus. Some evening and weekend work is required.
● Spend time in classrooms and at school events getting to know students, programs, faculty and parents.
● Serve as liaison to the Middle and Upper School divisions as well as departments of Athletics, and Fine Arts to collaborate and coordinate appropriate involvement in the admission process.
● Work with faculty, students, and parents to enhance the application process, including but not limited to selecting faculty interviewers and admission committee representation.
● Design experiences to showcase signature programs.
● To achieve our goal of increasing applications and interest in key grades, engage with
and expand the network of feeder schools and community organizations to promote the
School and recruit prospective families.
● Direct a robust ambassador program of student guides and leaders to support enrollment initiatives.
● Annually evaluate and update all aspects of the admission process, including the application, events, interviews, and committee procedures to best meet the needs of all constituents.
● Plan and execute welcoming and on-boarding efforts for newly enrolled families in partnership with division administrators.
● Continually seek new opportunities to improve upon existing admission practices.
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
● A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred.
● Five to seven years of experience in an independent school setting or five years of
progressive experience in the field of admissions.
● The drive, organization, and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and a
willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
● Outstanding attention to detail.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills including large-group settings, to facilitate
effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues.
● A strong desire to work in a collaborative office, employing a growth mindset and
working effectively in a diverse team.
● Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships and partnerships internally and
● Superior client service skills, internally and externally.
● Excellent listening skills.
● Expert knowledge of Google Suite, Zoom, and Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of
Ravenna Solutions a plus.
● At various times throughout the year, the employee is required to work outside of regular
business hours for job-related functions. The employee will receive as much advance notification as possible for these events and is required to attend them as part of their essential duties.
● Ethical behavior, professionalism, and respect for diversity.
● Valid Georgia Driver’s License.
NOTE: The Lovett School employment process includes a post-offer drug (hair) test and background check. See the employment application for more information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, and talk or hear. The position requires frequent typing, at times for long periods of the day. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Please also apply to our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/LOV1004TLSI/JobBoard/7de189ab-30da-416f-8b71-70b34ffcde9b/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=43fc194d-f279-4ac7-acde-4b332550774d