The Alfred and Adele Davis Academy seeks an educator with expertise in Science with at least 3 years of teaching experience. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education, graduate degree preferred. This is a full time position beginning in August of 2023. Salary is based on experience.
The ideal candidate will posses
- An ability to build relationships with students that foster a positive classroom environment where students feel safe to make mistakes and take academic risks
- An understanding of child/adolescent development and how social emotional factors impact learning
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities geared toward all students
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- A belief that all children can learn and be successful in the study of science
- Ability to communicate science concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of current educational technologies and their application in the classroom.
- Ability to lead labs in a safe and thoughtful manner where students are able to use science knowledge to discover
- Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on Davis Academy curriculum
- Provides classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area.
- Maintain laboratory facilities (including maintaining equipment, preparing orders for new supplies and tracking inventory).
- Follow and update safety procedures.
- Help plan and refine curriculum to conform to latest standards.
- Assist with STEAM projects
- Provides feedback and positive reinforcement to students.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Meets with parents for formal conferences and informal conferences as needed.
- Implements appropriate classroom management procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising students in out of class settings including emergency drills, assemblies, field trips, lunchtime, and recess.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.