The Director of Major and Planned Giving plays a vital role in advancing the mission and strategic priorities of St. Anne's-Belfield School and strengthening the culture of philanthropy among parents, alumni, and the School’s extended community. The Director will serve as a frontline fundraiser with the primary responsibility for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major ($25K+) and planned gifts for the School's top philanthropic priorities. In conjunction with their major and planned giving outreach, this position also has secondary responsibilities of securing leadership gifts ($5K+) for The Fund for St. Anne's-Belfield, our annual fund. This position will be expected to heavily engage with 150+ prospects with a focus on donor retention, increased giving, and strategic stewardship. This position will lead the growth of the planned giving efforts of the School and will manage special giving initiatives in support of philanthropic priorities.
● Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major ($25K – $250K+) and planned giving donors through meetings, communications, visits, events, and other significant outreach that achieves desired results to advance School priorities and accomplish fundraising goals;
● Direct new or current special campaign giving initiatives as part of a current capital campaign and other philanthropic priorities;
● Solicit and steward leadership giving ($5K+) for the Fund for St. Anne's-Belfield annual fund in conjunction with the major and planned gift outreach;
● Expand the 1910 Society planned giving program and serve as the point of contact for donors with an interest in planned gifts;
● Partner with advancement colleagues and the communication team on production of materials to support philanthropic initiatives aimed at attracting major and planned gifts;
● Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive stewardship plan, with focus on major and planned donors for campaign and special giving priorities, and track progress on this portion of the plan to ensure donors feel informed and appreciated;
● Execute special events aimed at cultivating and stewarding major and planned gift donors and prospects;
● Provide regular reports on major and planned gift activity and contribute stories that celebrate leadership and major giving in School publications and newsletters;
● Identify and manage volunteers as determined necessary to achieving major and planned giving goals.
● Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills;
● Creative thinking and demonstrated ability to affect growth in desired results;
● Strong interest in K – 12 education generally, and St. Anne's-Belfield School more specifically;
● High level of attention to detail, with an ability to analyze data, segment donor lists, and produce giving reports;
● Experience working with volunteers and other key stakeholders in a philanthropic context, and within an educational institution preferred;
● Consummate, positive team player comfortable working with a wide range of people; and,
● Experience working within comprehensive fundraising campaigns is a plus.
Education and experience:
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred;
5+ years of development experience or equivalent combination.
Physical Demands and Work Experience: Office environment with frequent interruptions. Occasional weekend and evening work expected. Periodic travel expected.
Apply online: https://stab.isolvedhire.com/jobs/865921.html