Palm Beach Day Academy is seeking a full time Controller/HR Professional beginning July 1, 2023. This dynamic and self-starting individual will be part of the Business Office Team and will provide support to over 120 employees at the school.
The Controller/HR Manager manages the day-to-day accounting operations of the school. This oversight includes budgets, analysis, auditing, production of periodic financial reports including statutory reporting to state and federal agencies, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the school’s reported financial results in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position works with sensitive data that requires a high degree of professionalism and discretion to protect the confidentiality of information. This position is for a twelve (12) month employee and reports to the Chief Finance and Operating Officer (CFOO).
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA certification preferred.
· Minimum 5 years experience in non-profit fund accounting.
· Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail.
· Experience with Blackbaud Accounting Systems preferred.
· Strong knowledge of internal controls and accounting guidelines.
· Excellent verbal, visual, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated success in managing and mentoring people.
· Must be collaborative, hands-on, and operate with the utmost integrity at all times.
· Able to develop strong working relationships with Administrators, Faculty, and staff.
· Understands the complexities and can work through nuances that exist within non-profit accounting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Ensure accurate and appropriate coding and/or approval of all revenue, expenditures and journal transactions to their appropriate accounts, including unrestricted, temporarily restricted and permanently restricted funds.
· Maintain accurate and appropriate general ledger chart of accounts.
· Assist CFOO in preparation and monitoring of monthly departmental budget reports/forecasts.
· Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible records and files.
· Supervise, train, and assist business office personnel managing all aspects of accounting, including accounts payable, payroll, tuition management and others.
· Maintain responsibility for development (as necessary) and documentation of accounting policy and procedures, according to best practices.
· Preparation of monthly account reconciliations.
· Manage payroll processing and submit after approval from CFOO.
· Onboarding and termination of employees, benefits, etc.
· Support and further the schools’ missions, visions, and values.
· Actively engage in the life of the school and participate in related duties, as needed.
· Ability to travel safely and comfortably between two (2) campuses.
· May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
● Salary commensurate with experience.
● Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, retirement, etc.
Applicants should email a pdf of their cover letter, resume, and at least three references