The Woodward Academy Middle School strives to help students fulfill their potential in every facet of their lives. Woodward provides opportunities for students to expand their horizons through academics, arts, athletics, and community service.
Our dedicated teachers excel in their respective fields, and provide a stimulating, fun, and challenging environment. Whether they are promoting academic excellence or demonstrating personal accountability, the middle school teachers find creative and meaningful ways to communicate with their students.
This position involves teaching middle school level math courses, such as pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry, as required.
Specific duties include:
- Instructing students in subject content along with grading student work and assessments
- Demonstrating a high level of responsiveness to student needs, including the implementation of differentiated teaching strategies
- Managing student behavior in a manner that optimizes the learning environment
- Maintaining regular communication with students and their parents regarding progress
- Working cooperatively with other grade-level teachers to implement pre-designed course syllabi and final exams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- Ability to leverage technology, including but not limited to Google Apps Suite, Microsoft Office, Interactive Whiteboard, in a 1:1 iPad environment.
- A solid understanding of learning challenges as well as the accommodations and differentiated learning techniques to support such
- Strong organizational and classroom management skills
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Math or secondary Math Education from an accredited institution of higher learning; master’s degree in Math or education preferred
- 2+ years of successful teaching middle school Math preferred
- Independent school experience preferred, but not required
The Teacher, Middle School Math position is a 10-month position.