Job Title: St. Agnes Academy Director of Counseling and College Counselor
Department: Upper School (Counseling)
Contract Period: 11 Months
Reports to: Dean of the Upper School
The Director of Counseling will be a dynamic and effective leader who is able to work collaboratively with the counseling team and Upper School educators. This person will be well versed in a school counseling program, including academic preparation, college and career counseling, and social and emotional care. This person will lead, guide, and supervise grade-level counselors and the registrar. Additionally, this person will work closely with the Dean and should be positive, flexible, and have a strong rapport with educators, students, and parents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support school policies and the teachings of the Catholic Church in word and actions.
• Serve as the leader of the Upper School Counseling center and assist in college advising.
• Create a comprehensive school counseling program.
• Create and facilitate an internship program for seniors.
• Oversee Upper School student registration.
• Oversee the College Counseling Program for grades 9-12.
• Oversee an advisory program.
• Provide academic and social and emotional counseling to students.
• Support and lead the Upper School grade counselors with their responsibilities and professional growth.
• Communicate with parents and students about counseling.
• Conduct (or advise at) parent-teacher-student conferences.
• Finalize transcripts/final grade reports for all students so that graduation requirements are met.
• Perform duties as assigned by the President of the School and the Dean of the Upper School, supporting the leadership team of St. Agnes Academy-St. Dominic School.