The Kinetic Wellness Teacher is responsible for teaching a full load of classes to Early Learning Students (PreK 3 - Grade 4). Classes should be designed to motivate, direct, inspire, and instruct students to learn foundational sports skills, body systems, motor movement, and the importance of collaborative and competitive group play.
- Teach a full load of Kinetic Wellness classes to students in PreK 3 - Grade 4.
- Design lessons, games, and activities that serve the physical developmental needs of all students - including health and body systems and foundational movement skills.
- Collaborate with homeroom teachers in order to enhance and support curriculum.
- Demonstrates an attitude of flexibility with regard to curriculum decisions in order to meet instructional needs.
- Instructs and encourages individual students in competitive and non-competitive scenarios.
- Collaborates with colleagues and seeks feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Supervise students in the activities planned.
- Manage the class and ensure student engagement.
- Stay with class at all times to maintain a safe and orderly classroom.
- Familiarity with school procedures and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as directed by principal or assistant principal.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Demonstrates good judgment in the supervision of students.
- Maintains punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to incorporate technology in daily tasks.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to serve as a coach for Middle Learning, Junior Varsity, or Varsity Sport.