In accordance with ACTFL guidelines and best practices, and in consultation with colleagues within the world languages department and other members of the Middle Learning team, the Middle Learning French teacher is responsible for teaching a full load of French classes.
- Teach middle school French and enrichment classes.
- Support a differentiated and globally integrated curriculum that includes student engagement through the use of authentic resources and Comprehensible Input, project-based learning, hands-on activities, experimentation and iteration, and other active approaches to learning.
- Take a student-centered approach by providing responsive instruction, including differentiation and flexibility to adjust plans when needed.
- Align activities and assessments with three modes of communication and ACTFL guidelines.
- Use activities and a variety of assessment types to assess student learning and monitor growth.
- Use STAMP test data to guide instruction for individuals and groups.
- Stay updated on current language instruction methods and research.
- Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Participate in extracurricular activities, such as sponsorship of clubs, involvement in after-school student activities, and chaperoning of student events.
- Participate constructively and collaboratively in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable, and engaging classroom environment.
- Communicate with parents in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid experience teaching in a 5-8 setting.
- French teaching experience strongly preferred.