Tallulah Falls School seeks a student-centered, energetic, and inventive middle school music teacher with the ability to instruct highly motivated students in a rigorous course of study at the college-preparatory level and desires to be a part of a special team to capture hearts, elevate character and intellect, and prepare our students to thrive in life. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Those fortunate enough to influence young lives at TFS receive a competitive benefits package.
● Provide an engaging environment conducive to facilitating a positive learning experience for all students.
● Provide a superior level of instruction for students daily.
● Responsible for leading 7th and 8th grade choir and music fundamentals for grades 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
● Musical support and participation in the school’s annual Madrigal.
● Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with parents and school administration.
● Seek improvement through professional development.
● Building relationships and mentoring young people
● Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
● Required Bachelor’s degree in Music or Music Education
● Georgia teaching certificate or state equivalent in the field of music.
● Significant teaching experience
● Demonstrate knowledge of music curriculum and ability to implement it.
● Maintain a high degree of ethical professionalism.
● Exhibit superior classroom management skills.
● Maintain thorough records and plans.
● Incorporate the use of technology into the classroom.
● Adhere to and enforce all school policies.
Standard Physical Requirements:
● Must be able to sit and/or stand for an extended period of time.
● Must be able to bend, reach, lift and climb.
● Must be able to understand written and verbal instructions.
● Must be able to lift, carry, move and handle equipment, boxes weighing up to 20 pounds.
● Must be able to communicate and respond to questions from various levels both within and outside the organization.
● Must have manual dexterity sufficient to perform specified duties.
In addition to completing the employment application, interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to the Director of Middle School’s attention, Carol Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. The employment application can be found here- https://www.tallulahfalls.org/about/employment-opportunities.cms
Tallulah Falls School is an equal opportunity employer.
All job applicants at TFS will undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment. Any applicant with a confirmed positive test result will be denied employment. Applicants will be required to submit to a specimen test at a laboratory selected by Tallulah Falls School and sign a consent agreement to release TFS from liability.