The Davis Academy, a private reform Jewish day school, located in Atlanta seeks a Curriculum Coordinator with at least 5 years of experience. Candidates must have a minimum of a Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Education Leadership, or related field.
· The curriculum coordinator is responsible for providing leadership in the development, articulation, and implementation of an instructional program; improving the instructional program by assisting with program evaluation; and assisting in the coordination of relevant staff development.
· Must hold advanced degrees in Curriculum and Instruction, Education Leadership, or related field.
· Must have a minimum of 5+ years of direct K-8 school experience (Independent experience is strongly preferred).
Qualified individuals must demonstrate:
· Strong knowledge in instructional methods and curricula
· Understanding of developmentally appropriate methods for teaching children in elementary and middle school.
· Excellent communication (writing and oral) skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Ability to work effectively with diverse teams and individuals
This position entails:
· Providing leadership in curriculum review, mapping, implementation, and adoption across all subject areas.
· Researching and previewing new instructional materials and methods.
· Assisting in leadership, selection, and implementation of professional staff development.
· Integrating Jewish and Davis values into curricula and Davis experience
· Assisting in further development, articulation, implementation, and review of executive functioning program
· Staying current in K-8 curricula and instruction through professional readings, seminars, workshops, and conventions.
· Assisting with induction and mentorship of new teachers.
· Performing other duties as assigned.