Director of Alumni and Family Engagement
Reports to: Associate Head of School for Advancement
Who We Are: We at St. Anne's-Belfield School believe it is the quality and passion of our people that set us apart. With 900+ students ages 2 to Grade 12, 650 family households, and a global alumni network of over 4,000 Saints who represent more than 110 years of the School’s history, we seek to hire the best teachers, administrators, and staff members to support our community. We offer a competitive benefits package and provide a wonderful, collaborative working environment in the vibrant college town of Charlottesville, VA. Through all aspects of their work, our faculty and staff endeavor to deliver on the School's vision of preparing our students to become the next generation of exemplary citizens and visionary leaders. The Director of Alumni and Family Engagement is a vital member who extends this mission beyond the classroom by enriching the lives of our families and alumni and, in turn, for our students.
Who You Are: You believe in the power of making genuine, meaningful relationships. As a natural connector and skilled community organizer, you relish the opportunity to bring people together in ways that deepen their involvement with each other and to a shared mission. Looking back at your own educational experience, you recognize it as one of the most impactful times that shaped who you are today and set you on your trajectory of success. The opportunity to pair your passion for education and for networking as the Director of Alumni and Family Engagement at St. Anne’s-Belfield School is tailored made for you.
The Director of Alumni and Family Engagement will develop and implement programs and coordinate various events and activities to foster meaningful engagement with alumni and families of St. Anne’s-Belfield School. This work will deepen connections with the School and add value to the lives of our alumni and families while providing opportunities for service to the School and connection to our students and faculty. Working closely with development and communications colleagues, the director will help drive an increase in volunteer leadership and help build a strong culture of philanthropy. The director will play an active role in the life of the School.
· In partnership with the School’s leadership, design and implement an effective strategy to help foster meaningful engagement with alumni and families, drive an increase in volunteer leadership, and help build a strong culture of philanthropy.
· Support the Parents’ Association, alumni class ambassadors, and Alumni Board of Directors to maximize the success and impact of their work.
· Design programs, events, and targeted communications and provide relevant services that advance school goals while serving alumni and families to generate sustained involvement.
· Implement and track metrics using the CASE Alumni Engagement Metrics (AEM) standards or related standards to assess engagement success.
· Successfully utilize the Raiser’s Edge NXT (CRM) and other technologies to analyze data, evaluate trends, determine new activities, and reprioritize programs and strategies to reach goals.
· Create and manage a program for Upper School students and young alumni to inspire lifelong engagement and philanthropic investment.
· Coordinate alumni events, locally and nationally, including Reunion Weekend, and support numerous Parents’ Association events annually.
· Support the School’s annual giving program and future capital campaign efforts by serving as a partner to development colleagues in actively identifying and cultivating donors through meetings, stewardship, and communication.
· Work with development and communications colleagues to manage the alumni and Parents’ Association pages on the school website, create communications such as the alumni e-newsletter, and advise on material for school communications and social media.
· Spearhead the planning and implementation of events related to the School’s 50th anniversary merging St. Anne’s and the Belfield School.
· Play an active role in the life of the School.
Essential Skills and Characteristics:
· Excellent project management, collaboration, and creative thinking skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively on a team, across school divisions, and collaborate with diverse populations.
· Possess cultural competencies and experience using these skills in constituent engagement.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Positive attitude and passion for education.
· Knowledgeable in best-practice approaches for engaging alumni and families.
· Experience with volunteer and board management.
· Proven ability leveraging data to support effective decision making for engagement programs.
· Proficiency in utilizing Google Workspace, Raiser’s Edge (or similar databases).
· Knowledge of Charlottesville and St. Anne’s-Belfield a plus.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree expected with 5+ years of related experience
Physical Demands and Work Experience: Working conditions are normal for an office environment with frequent interruptions. Occasional travel. Some evening and weekend work.