The Mount Vernon School seeks an innovative and collaborative Upper School Mathematics teacher. Versatility, collaboration, and openness to innovative instructional practices are essential. Availability to sponsor athletic, artistic, or academic teams/clubs is preferred.
Faculty at Mount Vernon are inquisitive, nurturing, flexible, and creative. They model lifelong learning for their colleagues and students. They involve themselves in areas of the School beyond their classroom walls. The teacher is responsible for fulfilling all of his/her responsibilities in accordance with the mission and philosophy of the School.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be a curious and collaborative educator, dedicated to facilitating and encouraging the growth of students and colleagues
- Provide meaningful instruction in Upper School STEM-Mathematics courses using a variety of research-based and innovative teaching methods
- Collaborate with faculty across disciplines to facilitate interdisciplinary, transdisciplinary, and project-based learning experiences
- Possess strong character with an absolute drive for excellence, a team-oriented spirit, and a commitment to meeting the learning and social-emotional needs of students
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in multiple Mount Vernon Mindsets (Collaborator, Communicator, Creative Thinker, Ethical Decision-Maker, Innovator, and Solution Seeker).
- Embody and advance the mission, vision, and norms of the School
- Report directly to the Head of Upper School and work closely with STEM (Math) Learning Architect and other members of the leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics Education, Mathematics, or related field
- Teaching and learning experience preferred
- Proficiency with technological tools and platform
The faculty and staff of The Mount Vernon School believe the fair and equitable treatment of employees is critical to fulfilling its mission and purpose. It is the policy of The Mount Vernon School to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.