Atlanta Girls’ School is the only nonsectarian, independent school for girls in Atlanta, serving girls in grades 6–12. AGS authentically lives its mission by providing a challenging college-preparatory program in a learning environment designed to foster each student's full potential and enable her to contribute to our complex global society.
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management is an integral member of the Atlanta Girls’ School’s Leadership Team and the Development Team (which includes the Director of Development and the Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing). The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management will oversee student recruitment and develop and implement strategies to meet Atlanta Girls’ School’s recruitment targets. They will also be responsible for all aspects of the admissions process to maximize the number of inquiries, campus visits, and applications while ensuring that retention levels remain strong. In addition to overseeing recruitment and retention events, from open houses, virtual information sessions, and current parent retention sessions, this role will work closely with the Head of School, Director of Development, Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing, and the Director of Operations and Finance to provide expert advice, guidance, and support. Lastly, the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management will develop strategies that support action plans that detail admissions activities designed to meet the strategic needs and objectives of the Atlanta Girls’ School. These plans will set the targets, priorities, timetable, and resourcing of marketing and admissions activities. The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management will manage all the budgets associated with these activities.
Reports to: Head of School
● Provide leadership to team members in recruiting students and creating a consistent admissions process, ensuring the processes are timely and effective and meet best practices.
● Lead the process and set the tone and vision for attracting, enrolling, and retaining a strong, diverse, mission-appropriate student body best suited for Atlanta Girls’ School’s curriculum and extracurricular programs.
● Build strong relationships with outside institutions or groups (feeder schools, educational consultants, civic organizations, etc.) that can help attract quality students.
● Collaborate with the Head of School and the Director of Operations and Finance to create and oversee Atlanta Girls’ School’s enrollment and financial aid budgets and strategies, communicating with the leadership team and potentially the Board of Trustees about strategy and progress.
● Partner with the Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing in a wide range of marketing initiatives, including events, personal outreach, and community and parent engagement.
● Inform the leadership team and the Board of Trustees, faculty, and community about demographics and enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed.
● Coordinate with the Admissions Assistant to manage the enrollment of international students.
● Manage the daily operations of the Admissions and Enrollment Management offices, including a budget, database, files, correspondence, and mailings.
● Engage in the life of the school, playing a vital role in the Atlanta Girls’ School community and serving as a model for the school’s mission and values.
● Build sophisticated data models and statistical information regarding Atlanta Girls’ School’s enrollment trends.
● Maintain the database, ensuring that all information on the inquiry form(s) and subsequent interactions by phone, email, or person is captured and recorded to facilitate proactive admissions management.
● Oversees the preparation of reports/statistics for the Head of School, Board of Trustees, etc.
● Track, manage, analyze, and report on all admissions process elements, including inquiries, visits, applications, acceptances, and retention.
● Manage arrangements for recruitment events, Open House Days, and other visits by prospective families, students, and relevant colleagues.
● Significant experience in independent schools and admissions and enrollment management experience.
● A bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement.
● Commitment to girls’ education and experience in independent schools.
● Enjoys being the school's public face; communicates effectively at all levels and works collaboratively.
● Strategic, creative, mission-driven, and forward-thinking, collaborative leader with exceptional entrepreneurial, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
● Efficient time manager, detail-oriented, and exceptional organizational abilities.
● Clarity, conciseness, and compassion in oral and written communications.
● Professionalism and integrity in all circumstances.
● Position requires the physical and sensory abilities necessary to work in a school office environment, sitting at a desk/working on a computer for an extended period of time, and being able to move around the building and grounds and occasionally lifting up to 30 lbs.
● The employee must have a valid driver’s license and/or the ability to obtain a valid one.