Charleston Day School seeks an energetic and engaged Middle School Math and Science Teacher beginning in August 2023. The teacher is expected to create a classroom environment that reflects and promotes the mission of Charleston Day School, and to work collaboratively with others on the team and school staff to promote the general well-being of the grade level and the school community.
• Responsible for teaching middle school math and science
• Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational, hands-on and exciting for the students
• Deliver lesson plans in a manner that engages the attention of the students and promotes curiosity
• Partner with colleagues and parents to create a successful educational path for each student
• Utilize best practices and stay abreast of trends in science, STEM and mathematics
• Seek professional development to enhance knowledge and the classroom experience
• Weave goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
• Create a positive classroom environment, offering praise and encouragement to students when they do well and providing guidance and redirection when they are struggling
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Division Head, such as carpool, lunch, study hall, etc.
Job Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with a major in elementary education, science, mathematics or engineering preferred
• Organized, capable and able to multitask
• Enthusiastic, joyful and engaged team player
• Growth mindset