The Savannah Country Day School is seeking an Advancement Services Manager. Under the general supervision of the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Advancement Services Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity of data and daily utilization of multiple database platforms to meet the information needs of the Savannah Country Day School Institutional Advancement division. Uses independent judgement and initiative to perform advanced administrative duties in support of the division’s initiatives. Typical duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Manages gift processing program and oversees donor stewardship.
· Supervises integration between The Raiser’s Edge and The Financial Edge platforms. Collaborates with the Business Office as necessary to ensure accurate transfer of data across systems.
· Responsible for monthly reconciliation of fundraising initiatives with the Business Office.
· Develops and manages The Raiser’s Edge procedures and protocols.
· Serves as a liaison to Blackbaud and the Information Services department.
· Manages all constituent biographical and giving data to ensure database integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of information.
· Creates correspondence to support donor recognition, including acknowledgement correspondences and gift receipts.
· Creates ad hoc and regular reports, to include donor lists/profiles, fund updates, and campaign analysis.
· Manage advancement service research strategy, resulting in identification of new leadership gifts.
· Participate in development of policies and procedures in departments across the school campus when needed.
· Assists Director in administration of department budget and expenses.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position is located on site in Savannah, Georgia. Remote opportunities are not available at this time.
· Completion of an undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, technology, or related field.
· Five (5) years of professional experience in a non-profit fundraising environment.
· Experience working with databases, including data entry, integrity, security, and some basic programming.
· Technical experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, to include generating reports and using spreadsheet applications.
· Experience utilizing the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge for Non-Profit database platforms.
· Experience working in an academic environment.
· Experience administering and monitoring budgets, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
· Specialized training or experience directly related to marketing, event planning or private fund raising.
· Knowledge and experience in the Savannah-area philanthropic communities.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with intermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various settings. The employee occasionally lifts or carries objects of a light-medium weight, up to 25 pounds. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Lynette Allison, firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and reference check.
Savannah Country Day traces its origins back to the 1905 founding of The Pape School, an institution long recognized for its academic excellence and college preparatory curriculum. Led by a group of visionary parents who saw the continued need for a first-rate college preparatory school in Savannah, the founders of Savannah Country Day built upon the assets of the Pape School and created a school with a recognized tradition of academic excellence across the southeast. Today, Savannah Country Day School is Savannah's preeminent college preparatory school providing a rigorous, yet supportive learning environment for a wide variety of motivated learners. Enrolling over 1000 students ranging from 4 month olds to 12th grade, SCDS is truly a family school. Situated on a beautiful, 65-acre campus on the south side of historic Savannah, Georgia, SCDS has a 6:1 student to teacher ratio, an unparalleled arts program and a full range of athletic and extracurricular opportunities. Significant funds are available for faculty professional development and our faculty average 21 years of experience with 85% of Upper School faculty holding advanced degrees.
Inclusion at Savannah Country Day School:
The Savannah Country Day School is guided by the school’s mission statement which includes:
SCDS seeks candidates of all cultures and backgrounds who embrace the school’s mission of diversity, are eager to engage in the work of inclusion and have a desire to join a community of diverse individuals who celebrate their similarities while also recognizing their individuality.
Equal Opportunity Employer