About Gulliver Preparatory School
Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
The Marian C. Krutulis PK-8 Campus at Gulliver Preparatory School is currently seeking a Director of After School and Summer Programs to join our team of professionals. The Director After School and Summer Programs is responsible for initiating and maintaining high quality programs that offer unique, valuable, and enjoyable summer and after school activities that expand Gulliver Prep’s educational experience for children in PK3 through Grade 8. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or as needed during the school year, and 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as needed during the summer program.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Structure, market, supervise, implement, and evaluate the After School and Summer Programs.
- Work with communications to prepare marketing materials for summer & after school programs, including website updates.
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate the After School Care and the summer camp staff.
- Hire, train, and evaluate the staff, vendors, and teachers who implement the after school programs.
- Design and execute programs that balance high quality with fiscal viability.
- Evaluate existing programs and initiate new ones as appropriate to strengthen the summer and after school curriculum.
- Coordinate the logistics of the summer and after school programs and the use of school facilities and services with all related departments.
- Coordinate the logistics of Sibling Care, After Care and Enrichment programs including sign in/out of all programs and dismissal of those students.
- Responsible for the oversight and day-to-day activities of the enrichment Swim School Program.
- Work closely with other after school programs i.e. Youth Sports.
- Build and manage classes in Veracross for all Afterschool, Summer Camp, and enrichment programs.
- Maintain the Procare software to ensure the safety of our students by knowing their locations after school.
- Plan and execute thoughtful and timely communications with and events for the faculty and parents of the students in each program.
- Work closely with the Operation and Safety Department to monitor all safety and health programs for the summer, and afterschool programs.
- Work closely with the transportation coordinator to ensure the safety of Gulliver students riding the Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove and Brickell buses.
- Coordinate registration and supervision for Teacher Work Days.
- Work with the dining service to ensure snacks and lunches on Teacher Work days.
- Work with the Finance/Accounting Department to develop a budget and to ensure the fiscal success of the program.
- Prepare appropriate summary and analytical reports.
- Assist in the coordination of Summer School programs at both campuses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ leadership and program management/development experience.
- Experience managing/supervising multiple individuals.
- Experience working in an Independent School, preferred.
- Summer, after school and/or enrichment program management a plus.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.