The Director of Marketing and Communications will develop and implement a broad, comprehensive, and strategic marketing and communications plan designed to elevate the profile of the School in the community, promote enrollment, and encourage fundraising. The Director of Marketing and Communications reports to the Head of School and is a full-time, exempt employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategic marketing and communication plans that engage internal and external constituents in the support and promotion of The Fletcher School.
- Identify emerging marketing opportunities, design effective targeting strategies, and report on results.
- Produce or oversee the production of a variety of materials meant to increase the school’s visibility and competitive positioning, and enhance the public’s perception of the school.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Advancement and Director of Admissions to develop strategies to recruit prospective students and engage alumni and donors, including but not limited to open houses, magazines, annual reports, and admission packets, ensuring the School has a consistent look, feel, and message throughout.
- Create and coordinate a comprehensive publications program (concept, design, content, editorial, and production for paper and electronic communications) that reaches and influences the School’s target audiences.
- Shape and maintain the strategic and creative direction of the School’s website.
- Develop and manage an integrated online presence on social media platforms.
- Lead internal professional development related to communication best practices.
- Compile and send daily and weekly communications to the school community.
- Manage, update, and coordinate communications calendar.
- Work across all departments to highlight student activities and successes.
- Cultivate and maintain working relationships between the School and the media as well as other key community organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related communications experience required with preference given to those who have served in an educational or not-for-profit setting.
- Ability to manage complex responsibilities and prioritize among multiple demands and deadlines.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents and to lead project management and problem-solving tasks with tact and professionalism.
- Advanced capabilities in technology, preferably within an IOS environment.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, or similar software.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to details.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- A collaborative spirit and strong team ethic.
- A passion for education and a willingness to go above and beyond in support of students.
- A criminal history background check is required of all employees.
- A drug test is required of all employees.
- Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The Fletcher School participates in the E-Verify program.
- References will be required; transcripts may be required.
The Fletcher School recognizes diversity and an inclusive school environment are vital elements of a holistic academic program. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, sex, color, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, creed, disability, family or parental status, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by federal or state laws or regulations. The Fletcher School prohibits discrimination and harassment based on any of these characteristics.