Job Title: Upper School Physics Teacher (Including AP, Honors, and Conceptual Physics)
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Based on experience
Reports directly to: Division Director
Department: Upper School
University School of Jackson is seeking a dynamic and talented teacher to join a committed team of educators in a collaborative environment that places a high value on flexible thinking and problem-solving. Ideal candidates are passionate, and self-motivated professionals prepared to teach a range of college prep courses that support a wide range of learning styles and abilities. Teachers are expected to apply best practices and educationally sound approaches to integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, required
- Minimum three years experience
- Demonstrated command of knowledge applicable to the position
- Understanding of pedagogy and fostering intellectual growth
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with multiple constituencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Cultural competence
- Positive, detail-oriented team player with the ability to be self-directed
- Experience in AP, Honors, and Conceptual Physics
- Technological literacy
- Teach five Upper School classes daily (course assignments are made by the Upper School Director depending on the needs of the department).
- Be available to students seeking extra help daily during Office Hours (30 minutes after school).
- Support the efforts of vertical team planning and curriculum alignment.
- Attend all required meetings of the Science Vertical Team, Upper School Science Department, Upper School Division, and all-school faculty meetings.
- Respond promptly to communications from school administrators and parents.
- Participate in requested professional development activities.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned.
- To be responsible for the care and maintenance of an orderly environment and clean classroom materials.
- To be responsible for the safety and physical well-being of the students at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to communicate effectively with the educational team and especially with parents.
- To have a good working knowledge of technology equipment such as interactive whiteboards, computers, iPads, printers, copiers, etc.