The Lovett School
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Position Summary: The Advancement Coordinator reports to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and is responsible for providing administrative support to the CAO and others as directed. The position works closely with the CAO managing schedules, meeting planning and preparation, overseeing the department budget and serves as the first point of contact for the Advancement Office. The workload of the position is restricted to that assigned by the CAO and other members of the development office. The hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday (4:00 p.m. on Friday) during the regular school year. When school is not in session, the hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. on Friday).
- Represent the Advancement Office in a professional manner.
- Maintain strict confidence and discretion.
- Anticipate the needs of the CAO and Advancement team and act accordingly.
- Assist the Advancement team with various projects and events.
- Manage the Advancement team’s operating budget, submit check requests, expense reports, and verify and reconcile monthly charges.
- Assist CAO and Advancement Team with Board of Trustee meetings preparation.
- Work with the CAO and Head of School office to ensure stewardship calls, letter, and emails take place. Provide necessary information for stewardship.
- Expert in Raiser’s Edge fundraising database. Create, generate and update Raiser’s Edge queries, exports, and reports as needed for the CAO.
- File meeting reports on behalf of the CAO.
- Track and order Advancement office supplies such as letterhead, BREs, pledge reminders etc.
- Assist with Advancement events including utilizing the Events Management function in Raiser’s Edge.
- Engage in other Advancement duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working in the development field, at a school or another nonprofit organization.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and Google Suite preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change focus as the job dictates.
- Maintain quality of detailed work while meeting deadlines.
- High degree of organizational effectiveness and attention to detail.
- Ability to keep confidential information private and handle such information discreetly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents
- At various times throughout the year, the employee is required to work outside of regular business hours for various job-related functions. The employee will receive as much advance notification as possible for these events and is required to attend them as part of their essential duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.