Camperdown Academy is a non-profit organization providing excellence in the education of dyslexic children with a day school for grades one through eight, and training and outreach services provided to teachers and professionals across the region. Specific and specialized teaching approaches are shared through outreach efforts and administered in small group settings with an emphasis on individualized instruction.
This position is for a full-time 3rd-5th grade Lower School math teacher beginning August of 2022. The ideal candidate would be committed to personal growth, possess excellent communication skills, be innovative in the classroom using hands-on multisensory instruction, and be able to develop strong connections with both students and parents.
· Manage the daily affairs of a classroom
· Ensure that multisensory instruction is delivered
· Collaborate with teachers to ensure adherence to individualized learning profiles of students
· Contribute to the overall school culture by embracing school-day duties such as recess coverage, lunch support, and carline responsibilities
· Actively participate as a member of the Lower School team and subsequent tasks as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree and prior experience teaching math
· Orton-Gillingham training required, will be provided as needed
· Reliable transportation and willingness to attend evening events as required
Camperdown Academy recruits, hires, and promotes without regard to race, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.