Woodward Academy is Atlanta at its very best. We intentionally bring together students from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, to create a richer learning community and exceptional academic opportunities. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has consistently ranked Woodward a top large workplace in metro Atlanta, with special recognition by the AJC for “Best Benefits” for employees.
Woodward Academy is seeking a passionate and dynamic School Psychologist. This position will serve students in grades Pre-K - 12th grade to address the psychological and developmental needs that arise for students during the school year. The School Psychologist will work in conjunction with school counselors and multiple administrators across the five Academy schools (Primary School, Pre-K-3rd grade; Lower School, 4th-6th grade; Woodward North, Pre-K-6th grade; Middle School, 7th-8th grade; and Upper School, 9th-12th grade). The position will report to campus 20 hours per week to meet with students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with school counselors and administrators to develop and implement programming and progress reports to structure support for students.
- Perform individual and group therapy sessions using a variety of therapy techniques to address concerns such as wellness, stress reduction, emotional management and increasing social skills strategies.
- Serve as a resource to families and school counselors for psychological evaluations and therapy referrals.
- Contribute to and participate in the Academy-wide and school level social-emotional wellness programming including partnerships with the Woodward Academy parent community
- Partner with school counselors and third-party entities, where applicable, to identify, assess and coordinate support for students, providing them with social and/or emotional/behavioral assistance.
- Serve as a resource for latest trends, research and best practices in areas of mental health and psychology.
- Develop and support positive behavior plans.
- Assist with risk assessment and student safety contracts.
- Attend academy-wide social- emotional wellness meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Four years of successful experience as a psychologist or therapist.
- Master of Arts or higher degree in psychology or counseling. Doctorate of Philosophy/Psychology preferred.
- Georgia Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Psychologist.
- Knowledge of trends, practices and techniques in educational, social and emotional assessment functions.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Awareness of social service and youth service agencies in Georgia.
- Ability to innovate and collaborate with others effectively.
To Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply via the link below by submitting the following materials, preferably in PDF format:
- Cover letter that clearly expresses your interest and qualifications for the position.
- Current resume.
- List of three references with names, phone numbers, and email addresses. No references will be contacted without your knowledge and approval.