School Engagement Coordinator
Woodward Academy is Atlanta at its very best. We intentionally bring together students from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, to create a richer learning community and exceptional academic opportunities. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has consistently ranked Woodward a top large workplace in metro Atlanta, with special recognition by the AJC for “Best Benefits” for employees.
The School Engagement Coordinator will engage with school administration, parents, and the admissions team to create a warm, welcoming school environment and ensure an exceptional experience at each step of a family’s Woodward journey. Reporting to the school principals, this position must work well individually and in a collaborative team setting, with a positive “can-do” disposition and a high degree of professionalism. We are looking for a natural collaborator who understands and represents Woodward’s mission and identifies and executes strategies to consistently build positive relationships with current and prospective families.
School - Family Engagement (40%):
- Coordinate with Academy’s Community Engagement Manager to organize and implement community-building events at the school-specific and/or grade-specific level.
- Coordinate with school principals and appropriate stakeholders to create student events that build a strong connection to their class (e.g., “graduation” from one school to the next; holding a 9th-grade retreat).
- Launch neighborhood meet & greet events for current families, new-to-Woodward families, and prospective families.
- Work with school principals and the admissions team to plan prospective family events (e.g., Experience Woodward Days and Open House).
- Boost re-enrollment by working closely with school principals to maintain retention watchlists, contact parents, and preemptively address concerns.
- Assist with Parent Preview Days for current families.
Communications and Consistency (35%):
- Create consistency in the student/family experience from one school to the next, working collaboratively with school administration to balance individual school priorities with an Academy-wide perspective.
- Ensure school newsletters and emails contain timely and relevant information for upcoming dates.
- Maintain an up-to-date FAQ and identify ongoing opportunities to streamline the process for parents.
- Provide students and parents with consistent communication/technology training on where and how to find information (e.g., tutorials, user guides, workshops).
- Manage parent questions, requests, and concerns, as well as follow up on parent feedback survey results, to identify opportunities for improvement and deliver unparalleled customer service.
Admissions Support (25%):
- Serve as a full-time member of the admissions team from January through March (peak season), assisting where most needed (e.g., tours, testing, interviews, retention follow-up).
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to multitask. Strong customer service mentality with a “can-do” approach.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and G-suite. Knowledge of admissions software and CRM platforms is a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
- The school engagement coordinator position is an exempt, salaried, 12-month, on-site position. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Competitive pay commensurate with years of experience and education.