Founded in 1870, The Webb School is a private boarding and day school of over 400 students located in Bell Buckle, TN, 45 minutes south of Nashville. Students in grades 6-12 come together from all over the world to form the most diverse preparatory school campus in the southeast. Our student support team includes licensed counselors who are passionate, adaptive, and energized by the responsibility to meet the mental and emotional health needs of our students.
Status: Full-time (school year)
Reports to: Assistant Head for Student Affairs
- Maintaining detailed documentation of sessions in a timely manner.
- Being knowledgeable of local mental health resources and making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Communicating and cooperating with students’ outside therapists to ensure a supportive school counseling program is in place for the student (as needed).
- Assisting in faculty training sessions, i.e. suicide prevention, self-harm awareness, trauma-informed care, etc.
- Assisting in various programming activities such as, but not limited to Student Peer Mentoring and Leadership, the Merits positive behavior system, Character Education Committee, Health Team, Student Advisory program, etc.
- Network with the learning center, advisors, teachers, and families to create individualized plans that help ensure success for students who have learning differences when necessary.
- Serve in the “on-call” rotation to assist in crisis intervention for the boarding student community.
- Tennessee License - LPC
- Master’s Degree or above in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work
- 5+ years of experience working with adolescents in a therapeutic environment and/or school setting is preferred
Please send resume and letter of introduction to Dr. Tabetha Sullens, Assistant Head for Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org