Ashley Hall School is seeking a Mathematics Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The teacher will work in the Math, Science and Technology Department to support student growth and development. Teachers will prepare lessons to meet curricular learning goals and create various opportunities for student feedback and demonstration of knowledge. This is a full-time position for Grades 7-12, specifically teaching Algebra 1, Honors Algebra 1 and Geometry with future opportunities in other coursework.
As the only all-girls’ independent school in South Carolina, Ashley Hall provides a dynamic education, preparing students to become strong, confident leaders for the future generations. The School serves girls kindergarten-grade 12 (co-ed 2 years-5 years), with a small residential boarding program for grades 9-12. Since its founding in 1909, Ashley Hall has empowered young women to think critically, act ethically, and embrace challenges and adversity with confidence.
The following constitute minimum requirements for Upper School faculty.
- A bachelor's degree in the specific discipline and a master's degree in the specific or a related field
- Training in and/or experience with student-centered and experiential instruction
- A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience with five (5) or more years of teaching at the secondary level preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven record of collaborative teaching
The following constitute minimum responsibilities for Upper School Mathematics, Science and Technology faculty.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a high level of academic rigor and a global perspective
- Embrace a team-oriented academic environment where courses are taught with an emphasis on student engagement
- Proficiency and application experience of relevant technologies to support instruction and student exploration
- Create and administer assessments to gauge acquisition of core content competencies
- Provide regular feedback to students to guide learning and development
- Provide regular office hours for students to get extra help and individual assistance
- Sponsor one or more clubs that engage students in meaningful social and extracurricular activities
- For full time faculty: teach a minimum of five sections, which may include preparation for up to three different courses per semester
In addition the ideal candidates will
- Possess the flexibility and willingness to teach interdisciplinary courses
- Have experience teaching in an International Baccalaureate Diploma Program or have training in IB methodology
- Coach a competitive team such as a sports team or competitive academic team
Please contact Grace Wingfield at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.