JOB TITLE: Faculty – Part Time Spanish Teacher
DEPARTMENT: Modern and Classical Languages
REPORTS TO: Department Chair, Principal
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time; Non-Exempt
DATE: August 1, 2022
The mission of Marist School is to form the whole person in the image of Christ through instruction grounded in religious values, the teachings of the Catholic Church, and the spirit of the Society of Mary. This mission is advanced through the communal pursuit of excellence in academic, religious, extracurricular, leadership, and service programs.
This part-time faculty member is hired by the Principal and reports additionally to the Department Chair and Academic Dean. Teaching responsibilities include 2-3 sections of lower-level Spanish courses (Levels 1 and 2).
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position is responsible for the instruction and evaluation of students, providing students feedback, maintaining good order in the classroom by managing student conduct, taking daily attendance, and providing a moral and ethical role model both on and off-campus.
- Instruct students in a manner that is faithful to the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Deliver essential content as outlined in the course description and required by the Department Chair.
- Evaluate students frequently using best practices of authentic assessments, both formative and summative.
- Give frequent feedback to students regarding their progress in the course.
- Keep grades up to date in the online grading software.
- Differentiate instruction based on student learning styles and needs.
- Provide assistance and intervention for students who would benefit from it.
- Attend to parent concerns and communicate with parents when their child is struggling in a manner that is professional and compassionate.
- Maintain positive rapport with students
- Keep current in areas of pedagogy, skills, and content.
- Set annual professional development goals aimed at advancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- Embrace a spirit of collaboration with colleagues.
- Serve as a Student Advisor (grades 9-12) or a Foundations House Leader (grades 7-8).
- Interact professionally with adults and students within the guidelines of the Boundaries Policy.
- Maintain professional standards of dress and grooming.
- Be present in a classroom or designated area during the assigned times from 8:00 am-3:30 pm as well as at other times outside of the school day as required by the Principal.
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment.
- Record daily student attendance.
- Attend regular meetings, departmental, faculty, etc.
- Be present at school masses and assemblies and supervise students.
RISK MANAGEMENT STANDARDS
Specific abuse risk management standards are summarized as follows.
- Adhere to boundaries with students.
- Attend required abuse risk management training.
- Report suspicious and inappropriate behaviors.
- Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
- Adhere to job-specific abuse management responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in education or in the primary teaching area is required. A Master’s degree is preferred. Transcripts must be submitted.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) references.
- A completed background check.
- A completed drug and illegal substances screen.